Saturday, June 18, 2005

I'd Like To Thank You All For Nothing, Nothing, Nothing At All

Wilco, Red Rocks. Need I say more? Red Rocks does something to the bands that play there. They always step it up a notch. I don't know if I can say it's the best Wilco show I've seen (mainly because most of them are a blur), but it was damn good. They definitely surprised me by busting out some oldies, and they even closed the show with Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers' Something In The Air. Hell of a show, and I got a nice buzz off of two beers. All the pot being smoked around me could have had something to do with that.

Looks like I'm going to do a race this weekend. Just a crit on Sunday. I've been feeling a little off these days. Seems like the day I got off the trainer, I started feeling borderline overtrained, so I haven't spent much time on the bike lately. I had a pretty tough workout yesterday, and I was hurtin a little bit today. Looking at my average speeds for those high end intervals definitely makes me appreciate what those guys in the pro peloton are able to accomplish.

I finally got my new mountain bike on Wednesday. Thanks Yeti! Thanks Joe @ Yeti for tolerating all my phone calls, and thanks to everyone at Yeti for the helping hand. I sure am ready to hit the dirt and do some racing on the dirt. My first mountain bike race of the season will be in Crusty Butt (Crested Butte) next weekend. That's a hell of a race for the first one, but it's a fun course. I hope to stick around to get some riding in on the day after the race. If you haven't ridden there, the trails are absolutely epic.

I'll try to get some pictures of the new ride up as soon as I get it together. I guess I need to link up Yeti under the "sponsor" column.

Just one quickie. How about Chris Horner pulling of the stage win at the Tour de Suisse. I'm not a huge fan of his due to his big, whinny mouth, but he backed it up that day. I'm glad to see he is going to make Saunier Duval's Tour team.

Happy Birthday Cannibal! He's 60 today, and if anyone tries to tell you Lance Armstrong is the best cyclist ever, you tell them not to forget Eddy.

No comments: