Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Prognosis

Went back to the doctor today, and he is definitely not wavering from the 6 weeks of not riding outside. Road or mountain. That's 5 more weeks on the trainer. I was starting to feel like I hadn't spent enough time on the trainer this winter anyway, so it all works out. Yes, that is sarcasm

Good news is that I get my new Yeti in 2 weeks. Bad news is that I just get to look at it sit in the corner with the other 4 bikes over there. Gots to sell the old mountain bike quick. Any takers?

I don't know what I'm still doing up. I have to get my ass up early to get a lot of things done before heading out to Savannah. Old man Shawn is getting married this weekend, so I'm sure there will be some pictures here after this weekend.

I'm a little nervous taking more time off the bike again this weekend, but beer is a good substitute right? All and all, this stupid injury is going to cost me a total of 14 days of the bike. This all happening in the year I discovered that not resting as much during my "rest" weeks has really helped me feel better. So it goes. Everything happen for a reason. Right?

Anybody see Baden Cooke hit the tarmac in the Giro today? Mr. Cooke seemed to be ok with it. Read his reaction here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Bettini deserved what he got. Maybe he even got off lucky. Every sprinter knows to not veer from the middle all the way to the barriers. Even if he did not see Cooke (which I think he did not), he should have known better. Too bad for Cooke. He could have won the stage, and Bettini's relegation left him in the pink jersey.

But how about my boy McEwen? I'm posting after Friday's stage win. In reference to Petacchi's failure to take any stages this year, Velonews said, "Most likely, it was salt in his wounds to see arch-rival McEwen so confident of winning more later on that he decided to set up the stage for Vogels." For those of you that didn't see the stage, he let his leadout man go for the win while he "soft pedaled." Once the sprinters caught on, McEwen had no choice but to open up his own sprint.

Dave H.