Thursday, May 26, 2005

Italian Excitement

So the Giro is going to be a nail biter. It's been exciting from the get go. It looks like Simoni has found his form of a few years ago, but can he pull it out? He seemed strong today. I'm wondering if Savoldelli's lack of response to Simoni's attacks were calculated or if he just couldn't respond. Knowing Johann and the profile of Saturday's stage, I'm guessing it was calculated, but you never really know. We'll see if Simoni can sustain another attack that will give him 50 seconds.

On another note, one of the local Clear Channel radio stations (yes, I listen to it. It's the only decent thing I can get at work.) has been playing some songs off of Wilco's latest album, A Ghost is Born. I think it's purely because Wilco is headlining at Red Rocks this summer, but hey, you take what you can get. The station has been playing some indie stuff lately. The Shins (because of Garden State), The Decemberists, Wilco, and Bright Eyes. Not too shabby.

By the way, I've got tickets to that show. Depending on when the Doc let's me get back outside on the bike, I may have a tough decision between the Park City NMBS and the Wilco show. I've seen them at Red Rocks before, but they were opening for REM and I wasn't of proper mind. I'll not divulge too much or at all for that matter. Those that were there know of what I speak.

No comments: