Saturday, May 19, 2007

Title?

Not sure what to call this one.

I'm feeling much better today. A lot of my semi-slow friends are off racing the Battle the Bear. With highs in the 80s here in Denver (the race is just down the road), and no shade on the course whatsoever, I'm skipping. Well, I'm skipping because of the way I've felt this week. I've got a grand total of 3.5 hours on the bike as of Tuesday. Usually by Saturday morning I'll have 6-9 hours under the belt.

Anyway, I'm sitting here on the couch drinking my French Pressed Pablo's French Roast coffee. Good stuff! They roast on Tuesday's. You also save $2 per pound if you buy on Tuesdays, so a pound is only $10. I went in a few Tuesdays ago, and the beans had been roasted only 3 hours prior to my purchase. Man does that make a difference. Even with some other roasters in the area that I like, sometimes the coffee has a slight bitterness to it from being a touch stale. This stuff didn't have that until about 2.5 weeks after I bought it.

Several years ago, I actually went skiing with the guy that owns this place. At that point, the shop was on 14th St. in downtown Denver. Now he has moved out to 6th and Washington. If you're ever in the area, check it out.


Well, I guess I'll get out and test the legs a little today. I'm starting to wonder if this past weeks condition has been more from fighting a sickness. I had a sinus infection kick up about a month ago. I haven't had one of those since I moved to Denver 8 years ago. Down in the Dirty South, I used to get them every spring and fall. I've been trying to avoid the antibiotics since the infection cropped up in the middle of an important training block. After Angel Fire (Chili Challenge), I may have to give in and get some.

One more thing to note. Apparently if you mention Floyd Landis in your blog, you will get a ton of hits. My blog was on fire (well, on fire for my blog) after posting that little article about Greg LeMond. Most of you know what has happened since. I don't know what to make of this whole three ring circus. At a minimum, I'm greatly disappointed. I may post on that later.

No comments: