Sunday, March 04, 2007

Yet another great comment. Insightful. I didn't realize what I chose to wear skiing affected my ability. I'm assuming you dug up one of my old posts. Maybe you should do a little more digging to see the Craft jacket I wear currently.

You don't know me, so how can you comment on my ability? You also are in California, so how do you know about this year's conditions at Devil's Thumb.

I don't expect packed trail every time I ski. I've been skiing long enough to know that, however this year, I didn't have one of those days at Devil's Thumb. I had several of those days at other centers.

I didn't realize that all groomers and centers were created equal. Forgive me for questioning the quality of service for which I pay and comparison shopping.

Freddie, why don't you tell me more about yourself. What is your background?

PS, I've already embraced the sport and life-style.


Alan (Freddie)
If you spent as much time complaining about grooming as you did on developing your skiing skills, you actually might come to embrace a wonderful sport and life-style called Nordic skiing.
Groomers work very hard for skiers to enjoy their sport. People like you should be ashamed of yourself for acting like a bitch. If you want hard ski trails all the time why don't you take up roller-skiing.
take off the bike jersey when you "skate ski" and take a lesson.
sounds like you are the one with the defensive elitist mentality.

yours truly,
a different anonymous person visiting your blog to tell you that your opinion is not valid.

1:43 PM

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Alan,
Freddie's a tool, probably a roadie or 'runner'.

Good seeing you last weekend, chow dude,
BC

ALAN said...

We should get together for a ride soon. You doing any of the Stazio's this year?

Anonymous said...

Freddie,
Your words speak for your ability.
No one ever said all groomers and centers were created equal.
By the way, does anyone ever question the quality of service you provide as a corporate bitch?
Also, the Eastern corridor of trails at Devils Thumb is more like 10K, which means there would still be about 90 other K of trail for you to ski. Not enough?

ALAN said...

Your anonymity and your lack of contributing anything worthwhile to this disagreement has reached it's end. You have no credibility with your statements and posting anonymously.

I'll answer one more question:
"By the way, does anyone ever question the quality of service you provide as a corporate bitch?"

Yes, they do. I work in a very customer service oriented industry. The customer service is, in reality, the biggest product we provide.

Anonymous said...

No credibility?
You don't even want to know.
Actually, you have insulted myself and many other skiers and professionals who carry the passion for this sport.
But acutally this isn't worth my,
or anyone else's time.
I agree that customer service is important, however, you should know that complaining isn't the descent road to resolving your issues.
You are not going to aquire an army of similar complainer's to prove a point, because there are far many more appreciative people that will laugh at you.

ALAN said...

I've given you several opportunities to enlighten me. You have yet to do that. All you do is personally attack me. Tell me where I'm off base. Seriously. Tell me your background so I know how credible you are. Tell me what you know about my ability.

How has this offended you? Are you an employee at Devils Thumb? What route should I have taken? Should I have just kept it to myself? My method seemed to have some effect. My issues were noted by the owners.

All you've done is call me a Fred. I'll admit I'm no expert when it comes to skiing, but I do know a fair bit. Please tell me where I'm wrong.

I've always appreciated Devil's Thumb. Until this year, I've skied there almost exclusively. I've encouraged people to go there. I've given them a lot of my money over the last 6 or 7 years.

I've noticed a decline in overall quality in Devil's Thumb this year. Actually, it started last year, but this year was substantial. I got the experiences I had come to expect from Devil's Thumb at other venues this year. Frisco and Snow Mountain Ranch included.

I'm not really sure how my observations are wrong, but since you know I don't carry the torch, I guess they are.

Anonymous said...

AL,
Rippen the Bear Creek area to hassle my teammates racin' das TT on Saturday, you should join us. I noticed your 'buddys' weant quiet re: the XC ski scene post, interesting, they must have learned/realzied who you are.

Word Grizzly Adams,
BC