Monday, March 20, 2006

Bitchin

No no no. Not the good kind like "that's bitchin dude." Complaints here. That's all.

Bitch #1) How many more times do I have to hear, "Wichita State Shocks Tennessee." I don't even like The Univ. of Tenn., but shit I heard that phrase 100 times this past weekend. Every time someone said this the person thought he was brilliant of thinking of it. Get it? Wichita State's "mascot" is a Shocker. To all you media people, stating the obvious headline is not creativity. What the hell is a Shocker anyway? Hellfire I done stuck my finger in that there light socket and got a shocker. Or did every student upon admission to the school receive some bit of surprising news? A prerequisite maybe?

Bitch #2) There isn't 12 inches of snow on the ground. All freaking day yesterday every forecaster in the Denver area was saying we were going to get a foot of snow or more. They never relented. It was supposed to start at 3 PM and keep going through today. Well, it didn't start at three. In fact, it didn't start snowing until around 9:30 and was barely sticking. Still the meteorologists persisted with their 12 inch forecast. Seeing as I literally had no food in my place, I headed to the store to get some just in case work was called off. I even got inspired and picked up stuff for breakfast in the morning. Buckwheat pancakes, bacon (I don't even remember the last time I bought bacon. Has to have been at least a year or more.), and some tasty grits.

Well, I woke up this morning and opened the door. Much to my dismay there was barely a couple of inches on the ground. No unhealthy, fattening breakfast on this morning. Bastard meteorologist.

No comments: