Monday, January 16, 2006

Good Times

Well, I opted for mountain biking on Saturday. I told my friends I really didn't need to be out over 2 hours. Well, multiply that by 2 and that is how long I was actually. All and all it was fun. The Yeti was riding like a dream. I spent half of last season trying to get her dialed in, and on Saturday, I just guessed at air pressures for both shocks and it was smoooooth. I guess I had the rebound dampening set up pretty good. Here are some pics:

Saw this guy over at Green Mountain. He was gnawing on something.

Mattius, me, and Moonshine at the top of Lookout Mountain.
Yummmmm. Saw this in the middle of the trail on Enchanted Forest. I don't think it was what the above coyote was gnawing on.
A view of Denver from the hills of Lake Hood. If you look closely, you can see the location of Saturday night's beat down. Say what you want. 4 of those turnovers were forced, and Lynch was putting Brady on his ass all night.

So after the ride, I rushed home and cleaned up to get back to Moonshine's to watch the game on his freaking huge plasma. All day the guys were talking about watching it on his new projector. I walk into his house and see big TV and can't figure out why we needed the projector. Good game. A struggle like I thought it would be. Yes, Champ Bailey is an idiot. I don't care what he said in the post game interview. He wasn't just winded. Ben Watson has 50 lbs on him, ran 30 more yards, and nailed him with a full head of steam. Had some good beers too. I've really been into the super hoppy IPA's lately. Nothing else has really satisfied me except the Trappist ale taste fest I had on New Year's Eve. Full Sail's IPA is what I had Saturday night and is a pretty good one.

Sunday was a good ski day with friends. Gotta love Colorado. Mountain biking in 65 degree weather one day, and skate skiing the next. I've also heard Colorado brews more beer than any where else in the world. I bet Belgium and Germany would give them a run for their money, but we do have a lot of beer here. Biking, skiing, and beer. What more can you ask for?

No comments: