Saturday, January 14, 2006

Espresso Fiend


Didn't Wilco have a song by that name? Espresso Fiend, my lord you're mean, I'll be dancin like a fiend, uh, ok. It wasn't Espresso Fiend.

Speaking of Wilco, I got my Jeff Tweedy tickets in the mail this week. Now all I have to do is make sure I don't lose them before the show in February.

Back to the title of this post. I've really been hitting the espresso lately and loving it. Not sure why. I've been drinking it for a long time, but I've really enjoyed it lately. I've even been scheduling espresso breaks in my longer road rides. It really makes a difference on a 4 or 5 hour ride when you have that to look forward to. Probably not the best idea, but hey the Euro Pros do it right?

I've had my little Mr. Coffee espresso machine for years. Probably a first generation for that type of machine. I got as a birthday present from a girlfriend in college, so it has got to be pushing 10 years now. I'm still only 23 though. Anyway, the little guy is still pumping out the good stuff. Man, now that I read that sentence, that sounds really sick. It's not the fanciest thing around, but it works and is much, much cheaper than one of the real deals.

At the moment, I'm trying to decided if I will go mountain biking with a couple of friends. It's been so nice around here lately, and it is supposed to get up into the mid 60s today. The mountains have been getting tons of snow, but down here it's been dry as a bone. We've even been having grass and forest fires like they are in OK. My point is, the trails should be pretty devoid of snow.

My dilemma is, however, that this is a low volume week before I hit my last phase/month of foundation/base, and I want to also go skate skiing with aforementioned friends tomorrow. I don't know if that is a good way to wrap up a low volume weekend or not. But man oh man the Yeti has been quietly whispering in my ear to take it out. It's starting to reach a yell.

The picture above is a shot of an espresso glass C-dawg got me for Christmas. Pretty nifty huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does you know who make you call him "C-Dawg"?

ALAN said...

Nope.