Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A Love/Hate Relationship

Actually it's more hate than love. Come to think of it, there is no love at all. All cyclists see it as a necessary evil. I guess I love to go fast when it is time, and if you want to do that, you gotta use one of these.

I spent 7 hours on mine last week, and have 3 on it so far this week. The heavy trainer season is just starting. It's time to suck it up and start working those squares into circles.

The one pictured above is a fancier looking model than mine. It's a Volare fluid trainer. This will be my 6th season deepening the rut in the resistance wheel. That's a bazillion hours. That rut is deep, but it still gives me the resistance I need.

2 comments:

C. Dugan said...

It is all I can do to handle 2 hrs on the trainer. Brutal.

ALAN said...

I've actually done some 4 hour stints on the trainer. Just rent a couple of stupid movies to watch.

I haven't done that in a while. Two years ago I was on it 6 days a week for 6 weeks due to an injury. That was not fun.