Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Mud Pie

So as I mentioned in my previous post, I woke up to a little snow on Saturday morning. I thought it would make for a little mud in the race at Arapahoe Ridge HS in Boulder. Boy was I wrong. Try a lot of mud. Here are some pics.



My bike after the race. Yes, that's my pedal. Yes they are Crank Brothers Eggbeaters. Yes, I could clip in until the end of the race.





A shot of my feet:



Part of the course:



The first and last pictures were hijacked from www.pelotonphoto.com.

I didn't have a good race. That's a big surprise considering I only rode once the week before. I went straight into survival mode after the 1st lap. My goal was too finish, and that I did.

After the race, I headed up to Lyons to pick up a growler of Gordon from Oskar Blues. Pretty good stuff. Not your typical Double IPA. I guess Double IPAs aren't that typical to begin with. If your ever up that way, I definitely suggest stopping in. Good food and beer. The Old Chub is top notch.

Sunday I sampled some more local beers at the Bull and Bush Pub and Brewery. Somehow I always forget about that place and it's right in my back yard. I got a little carried away with the beer sampling for a Sunday night. They had a seasonal I tried that was sort of like a spiced Saison. Then a Double IPA, Imperial Stout, and another plain IPA. I guess that isn't the best tasting order, but they were all pretty dang good. The Double IPA tasted more like a Barleywine, but was dang good. Looked like motor oil.

PS Well apparently those two pelotonphoto.com pics aren't going to load. Clic on the white boxes and it will take you to them.

No comments: