Sunday, October 15, 2006

Fall

I love Fall. Great time of year. Great weather for tasting various tasty beers. Good times with cyclocross. In fact, I did another cross race today. Went much better than the last one. In fact, I managed to finish in front of a few guys and not finish DFL. Not bad after eating a big NY Strip and washing it down with four strong beers from the Golden City Brewery the night before.

The race was in Frisco, and it was a great course. Some technical aspects, some grass areas, some twisty turny sections, a fast barrier section, a long run up, and overall nice flow. Fun race. The running sections didn't totally blow my legs up this time. I guess that is progress.

Beers tasted this weekend:
Golden City Clear Creek Pale Ale - decent. I wouldn't necessarily recommend. Probably more of a summer beer.

Golden City Legendary Red Ale - not a big flavor beer, but pretty good. Easy to drink.

Golden City IPA - MMMMMMMMM. Good, drinkable IPA. I want more.

Stone Brewing Arrogant Bastard Ale - good. Pretty alcoholy. A sipper.

Backcountry Brewery Saison - A little to clear for a Saison. Light Belgium yeast flavor. Ok, but not as good as New Belgium's Saison.

Great Divide Brewing's Old Ruffian Barley Wine - pretty durn good. Definitely a sipper. If you like Barley Wines, it's a must try.


Sorry, no pictures this weekend. I'm going to try to update more.

No comments: