Friday, April 21, 2006

Back in Action

Well, I have my computer back. The AC outlet or whatever the hell it's called broke. Luckily, according to the computer geeks, "it's a common thing," with my particular type of laptop, so it was on Toshiba's tab and not mine.

Not much has been going on. Things seem to be falling apart left and right. One notable item is my PowerTap. I've had problems with that thing from the get go. It caused the namesake of this blog (that isn't really its fault, but it was definitely involved). I bought a full wheel from Cycleops, and it has never been true. The connection points on the handlebar mount sunk into the base of the mount. That messed up my power readings. I've had two cadence sensors fray without abusing them, and most recently I had to replace the axle and freehub body. I don't know if that is so much their fault or lack of maintenance, but I've got a set of Ksyrium that needed much less attention. After those items were replaced, the hub stopped transmitting power, so now a very key training tool is on it's way to Wisconsin to be looked at by the cheese heads.

When that thing works it's great, but it has been a pain in my ass on more than one occasion. I'll let you know if Cycleops does good by me.

The Tour de Georgia passed through a couple of my old "home towns" in the last few days. The ITT finished in Chattanooga yesterday, which, is where I went to college. Today's stage started in Dalton (it's funny to see top level pros riding the streets I used to "cruise") and passed through Chatsworth. Chatsworth is the home of the Murray County Indians, my other alma mater. I've never ridden my bike up and down the roads of the TT or the climbs of today's stage, but I've driven up them many a time. I can tell you that those guys aren't exaggerating when they talk about how difficult the TT course was. The first climb of today's stage was Ft. Mountain. Home of the Cohutta Lodge and location of my 10 year reunion a couple of years ago. Back when I was a kid . . . . So that is my connection to one of the biggest races in the US.

So below are some pictures of me and C-Dawg's trip to Fruita last weekend. Fun trip. Lots of ridin, chillin, and drinkin. Well, I don't know about a lot of drinking, but more than I've had lately.

1 comment:

C. Dugan said...

Thanks for the link. Nice pics.