Sunday, December 04, 2005

Can't sleep

One would think after suffering through a cyclocross race and then, coming home and having a couple of beers, one would sleep well. Well, one didn't. I think my neighbors got home from closing time and were feeling a little clumsy from having a good time. They woke me up around 3 AM and I couldn't get back to sleep. Oh well, I wanted to get up into the mountains early today, so I could make back in time for the Broncos game.

That's right kiddos. Today will be the first day of skate skiing. Sounds like I could have gotten some earlier days in because the mountains have been getting pummled by snow the last few weeks. I guess I was just waiting for cross to be over and now it is.

The race yesterday was actually pretty fun. First semi-foul weather race of the year. I got up to a few inches of snow outside the door, but at the race locale, no dice. It was a little muddy, and pretty cold too. I busted out the Pam for the bike, but I don't think I really needed. In case you are wondering, strategically placed Pam helps prevent mud from caking up. Saving weight and a gunked up drive train.

I also decided to put some Sore No More on my legs so I could forego knee or leg warmers. You know, freak the cold weinies out for a psychological advantage. And if I told you my result, you could see that those 20 odd guys that finished in front of me were clearly intimidated.

I better get going so I can hit the road.

Hasta Lavista Wildabeasta.

No comments: