Saturday, November 05, 2005

Excuse Me?

Ah, the sound of rain while lying in bed. A beautiful thing it is. Very relaxing, or if you have cyclocross race on the schedule the next day, very exciting.

I rolled out of bed at around 7:30. Much earlier that I had wanted due to the fact that my race wasn't until 1:20, but that's happens when you are a loser and go to bed at 9 on a Friday night. Anyway, I decided to get up and have my espresso. Pre-race caffeine buzzes are great. A plus is that they help other things get going too.

Since I had plenty of time to kill, I pop open the ol' laptop to do a little surfing. I don't know what universal force guided me over to the ACA website, but I'm glad it did. There is big bold letters was,"Due to last night weather conditions, today's (Nov 5th) . . . venue is unridable. The race has been postponed till Nov 27th- venue to be determined."

now I can't get this stupid bold shit off.

I sit there and stare at this interesting statement. I think to myself, "I thought it was fall and I thought this was a cross race." When you start talking mud, rain, snow, etc, most cyclocrossers get a big stiffie. While I don't consider myself a cross racer, I love those conditions. I don't necessarily like them when I have to get on my road bike or mountain bike, but for cross, it's a blast. Not rideable is ok because a typical cross race includes you getting of your bike, shouldering it, and running. A little more won't hurt.

It didn't rain that much last night, and it's been dry as hell around here for the last month. I would think the small amount of rain we got last night would get soaked right up. I e-mailed the race promoter a nice e-mail. I didn't criticize him, but asked for the reasoning. I'm guessing it was the property owner's call. They had the state championships out there last year, and it was a snowy muddy mess.

Oh well. In the words of Mr. Bertuzzi, "it is what is. It is what it is. It is what it is." However, I did skip BEER last night, and I'm angry about that.

In other news, I don't think I ever mentioned on this very popular blog that I was growing a mustache. I know I know. Mustaches are way too cool for a person of my lowly stature, but I was doing it for charity. I manage to raise a bit of money, but the best part was the inclusion of the 'stache in my Halloween costume. Rachel and I went as Officers Johnson and Dangle from Reno 911. Yes, I wore the short shorts. Yes, we had pictures taken. No, the weren't full body shots. Only from the waist up. One's mind doesn't conjure such brilliant ideas when you're pouring Everclear down your throat. The point being, maybe I'll have some pics up in the next day or so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I know you told me this already, but I still laugh thinking about those costumes.