Thursday, November 09, 2006

Kaput

Well, my computer is all jacked up again. I just bought a new hard drive. It worked for a day before it clunked out, so I'm not sure what is wrong with the thing.

What a crazy last few days. USGP Xilinx Cup race on Saturday. Raced, watched the mens and womens open races, and drank beer. Rachel's birthday celebration Saturday night. More beer and the Broncos (I was too lazy to drive to Boulder for the 2nd USGP race) on Sunday.

Most importantly were the last two days. I stood in line almost 2 hours to vote on Tuesday. All due to what was supposed to be a quicker more efficient system. Cha. It's hard enough to get people out to vote as it is, but then you throw a 2 hour standing wait into the mix, and people aren't going to vote. I almost didn't, but the guilt overwhelmed me. I've been voting in my current area for almost 8 years, and the most I've ever had to wait was 15 minutes.

It wasn't all for naught. Power in the House and the Senate changed hands, and Mr. I don't remember what I said, but I said it, so I'm sure I said it finally "resigned." All good news. Let's hope the Dems follow though on their bipartisan cooperation promise. We'll see I guess.

Oh well, I snapped several photos of the races on Saturday, so once I get the computer back on its legs, I'll put them up.

Edit: Here is what Rummy actually said:
"I believe what I said yesterday. I don't know what I said, but I know what I think, and, well, I assume it's what I said."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I talked to my dad last night, and he said he and mom stood in line for over 4 hours. He said people in their line were ordering pizzas while they waited.

ALAN said...

I would have left if I still had a long line to wait in after 2 hours. Now there is talk of making Denver County all mail in ballots.